Anthony Stadlen asked about my conjecture regarding Floyd & Lloyd's
mother. In my original post, I placed my thoughts in parentheses to
emphasize its status as a "speculative aside," but I suppose I can do a bit
Floyd and Lloyd's father is also their grandfather based on these
1. Grandfather Ahem (Ibrihim) is an "old scoundrel" who "might have
taken better care" of the twins' mother.
2. Ahem's wife is absent, presumed dead.
3. The twins' mother is his youngest daughter, and she is exceptionally
beautiful. Isn't this something of a trope in Father-Daughter incest
4. She is known as gray Ahem's pearl. The connection between father
and daughter here feels the least bit creepy to me.
5. She is raped in an orchard by an anonymous sire.
"One set of rumors mentioned a Hungarian
another favored a German collector of birds or
some member of his expedition--his taxidermist, most likely."
Clearly we are to take these explanations as being wildly speculative and
unsound. We can also deduce from this that the real story was suppressed,
otherwise there would not have been cause for such rumors. So then, why would
someone make up a story about her being raped by a man who cannot be
identified or verified? Isn't this the kind of alibi that is often created to
protect an actual assailant or consensual partner who remains within the
community but must not be exposed? If so, then her father is really the only
suspect we are given.
6. It is commonly thought (rightly or wrongly) that incest results in